An interview with Lauren Little: Edible Arrangements

Lauren Little is the owner of two Edible Arrangements stores located in Avondale and Bartram Park (Mandarin). Edible Arrangements is a franchise concept which specializes in creating delicious fruit designs filled with fresh strawberries, pineapple, grapes, oranges, cantaloupe, honeydew, bananas and pears. Arrangements are guaranteed fresh and are available in a variety of styles and sizes.

Lauren took time out to answer a few questions about her business…

Who is your customer?

My customer is anyone who has an appreciation for a sweet, unique, healthy gift option.

What motivated you to open a franchise as opposed to creating a business from scratch?

I chose a franchise because of it’s support system. Our franchise provides guidance, structure, policies and procedures. It saved me from having to start from scratch. Edible Arrangements already has a website, national advertising (which I do pay for), but it also provides management assistance…basically a “go to team.”

What would you say is the most challenging part of running your own business?

When you are passionate about your business and love to seek opportunities, it’s a challenge for me to turn business off. I am always thinking and planning.

My challenge is learning to take time off for myself and that’s because I love what I do.

Do you use social networking to market your message? How?

Yes, I use Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Although Edible Arrangements International forbids me from creating my own fanpage, I do have a profile. I focus more on informing my friends and customers on what I’m doing as business owner, whether is new product announcements to offer specials or just sharing how my stores are giving back to the community….I definitely use social networking. And when you’re extremely busy, having a social network presence will enable you to keep in touch with other business owners, friends, family and customers. And when you have competitors (and we all have them), I find that people will support the people they know.

Lauren Little

Edible Arrangements

Avondale and Mandarin

904-384-5217

turner0612@comcast.net

« »