An interview with Crissie Cudd, Manager, Watson Realty, Southside

Crissie is a dynamic marketer and networker for all things Watson. She is constantly looking for new ways to make her Realtors more successful. We caught up with her at the SBDC office…

How did you wind up in real estate?

I used to sell “bodies” for a living – I was in the temporary employment industry. And I grew tired of my “product” either not showing up or not performing. I figured if I was going to sell something I’d sell something more dependable – like houses. They always show up. Twenty years later, here I am, still in the business, only as a manager now.

Why Watson?

You’ve heard the expression “size doesn’t matter”? Well, in this business it really does. Watson has been a part of Jacksonville for over 40 years and we have over a 20% market share. That’s huge. The name “Watson” has come to mean something in the community. We get calls from customers whose parents were Watson customers or who have been repeat Watson customers over the decades.

Mr. Watson is still at the head of the company and he still believes in delivering “legendary, quality service” to our customers. We will always do what’s right. You can’t ask for more than that in the company you work for.

How many people do you have at the Southside location?

We have 28 of the greatest folks ever in our office. I may be a bit prejudiced, but I believe that great people make great Realtors® and vice versa. Not all of our agents live nearby. We have agents who live at the beach, in St. John’s County, on the Northside, etc. But our office is the epicenter of Jacksonville and we can service clients all over the area within about 15 minutes in any direction.

What kind of support do you give to your realtors?

Watson as a company provides great training and at my office I do individual coaching, based on each agent’s needs. Plus, we have a team of “givers” who share ideas, help each other out, and pitch in to make it a great team. And of course, we have all the Watson tools at the agents’ disposal, with more and more being added all the time.

What advice would you give to someone who has never sold real estate but might want to explore it as a career?

Well, first of all, you couldn’t pick a better time than now. Unlike during the heyday of a few years ago, customers need a good Realtor® now more than ever. So it’s easier to establish your credibility with customers who are facing a much more complex market than before. The market has also weeded out the agents who were just dabbling in the business and what’s left are professionals who work hard to stay on top of their game. Getting in now allows a new agent the time to actually learn the business the right way and actually make a good income. Some of my top agents have are relative newcomers to the field. And, of course, a new agent needs the support of a quality company and a great office!

Crissie Cudd , ABR, CSP, CDPE, Branch Manager, Watson realty Southside

http://www.watsonrealtysouthside.com/

Email:crissiecudd@watsonrealtycorp.com

Office Phone:
(904)
641-4343

Mobile Phone:
(904) 254-0980

« »
SBDC Footer Shadow Background