SBDC Success Story: Jacksonville Cake Supplies- Learn How To Bake With the Right Tools!

They say if you can’t find something you want, maybe YOU should make it available. So it was with Evette Lemoine – Fernandez, our client who had a brainstorm!

Where did you get the idea for this business?

I have been cake decorating for several years. When I moved to Jacksonville Florida I was constantly traveling to Orlando Florida for my cake supplies. I became frustrated not having accessibility to good supplies in Jacksonville. I thought other home-based bakers must feel just as frustrated as I do. This frustration was the turning point that birth the desire to start my own cake supply store.

What made you fall in love with baking?

As a young girl I started baking with my first Easy Bake Oven. In my teens I was baking cookies, pies, cakes and nutmeg donuts for my neighbors and friends.  Years later I took my first cake decorating class as a hobby. Once I saw all the beautiful and amazing art I could make in sugar, I was in love. Art you can get; yummy!

How would you best describe your customers?

My customers vary in age and gender, adults and teens. Some customers are looking to take classes as a hobby and others are looking for advance skills. Our customers look for accessibility to cake decorating supplies locally, instead of traveling to Orlando.

What can people who sign up for your classes expect?

Our classroom is set up for small groups so everyone can have individual attention. Everyone will have hands-on experience while having fun in a relaxed atmosphere. We will have classes in various skill level for beginners and advanced. We have classes to make gumpaste flowers, purses, tier cake and more.

What makes you different compared to similar businesses.

Jacksonville cake decorating supplies will have a variety of products that other businesses do not carry. Our goal is to focus on our customers need and provide good products at a reasonable prices.

How do you sign up for classes?
Customers can sign up for classes on our website www.jacksonvillecakesupplies.comusing our contact form or call (904) 513-4865.

5547 Fort Caroline Rd Jacksonville, FL 32277
PHONE
(904)513-4865
Evette Lemoine-Fernandez
« »
SBDC Footer Shadow Background