The Quadrants of Time

alarm clockOMG! Has it really been a month and a half since I posted my last blog? How did that happen? Where did the time go? Could it have fallen into a “black hole?” Somehow I had lost track of time (a cardinal sin for someone of German descent). As penance, I will focus this blog on a discussion of time and time management.

John Archibald Wheeler (1911-2008) was a native of Jacksonville, Florida, an eminent theoretical physicist who collaborated with Albert Einstein, and interestingly the originator of the words “black hole” and “wormhole.” In his studies of space-time continuum, he mused, “Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.” I will propose adding a corollary to that phrase, “Lost time is what prevents anything from happening at all.”

Small business owners have many demands on their time; they usually fill the CEO (Chief Executive Office) role of planning strategy for their company, which is not an easy task in an uncertain economy. They also wear the COO (Chief Operating Officer) role of overseeing day-to-day operations. There are also the roles of Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer, and they usually administer the functions of human resources, advertising and marketing as well. Then there are the needs to be a worker or perhaps the delivery driver if an employee is absent.  Continue reading here.

Speaking of Business Blog by Dr. Philip R. Geist, Area Director, Florida SBDC at UNF

« »
SBDC Footer Shadow Background