Companies that export grow 15% faster, pay 15% higher wages, and are 12% more profitable, and yet, only 3% of U.S. small businesses export.
International trade represents a wealth of opportunities for small and medium sized businesses, and yet, an overwhelming 97% of U.S. small business owners are not currently engaged in exporting.*
*U.S. Department of Commerce
The Small Business Development Center at UNF has developed the knowledge and resources to assist small business owners in creating and implementing international trade strategies through:
- One-on-one consulting with International Certified Global Business Professionals
- Development and execution of Export Marketing Plans
- Training workshops on requirements and tips for international trade
- Customized industry and country research
- Network of trade professionals
How Do I Get Started?
- If you are a new business, visit the Start a Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Grow a Business You must complete the prerequisites prior to receiving individual consulting assistance.
- Please complete the online Request for Consulting application found on our website.
- Within three business days you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC at UNF to get started on your path to success.
Consulting with a Certified Business Analyst is available at no cost. To make an appointment, contact our office at 904-620-2476 or email@example.com. Please be sure to mention international trade as the reason for your visit.
Includes the Florida Export Series, International Trade Basics, and International Trade Certificate Program—one of a select number of NASBITE-accredited trade assistance programs in the world, and the only one in Florida.
Export Marketing Plan
Ready for new markets? We can help. Our Export Marketing Plan Services will position your company for GROWTH. In partnership with Enterprise Florida, Inc. and the U.S. Commercial Service, the Florida SBDC Network is excited to announce a scholarship to assist qualified manufacturing small businesses in Florida who are “new-to-export” to identify growth strategies through the development of customized Export Marketing Plans.
- Florida manufacturers and professional services providers only
- Products/services must be produced/provided in the state of Florida
- Company’s products must be at least 51% U.S. content
- New-to-export or infrequent exporters preferred
- Minimum of two years in business
- Five or more full-time employees
- $500,000 to $10 million in annual sales
Applications are now being accepted.